17

Reflection on training (25/2/11)

Published at Friday, February 25, 2011 in

Questions for Sec 2s

1) Reflect on your performance
2) Reflect on the training
3) What you think the team should be aiming at
Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.

Questions for Sec 1s and Newcomers
1) How do you feel about the 2 workouts so far?
2)How do you feel about the team and your teammates?


Timings (From the fastest to the fast) :
Jing Heng - 23.28
Zong Wei - 26.30
Naveena - 26.50
Marcus, Jeremy, Waihang, Jun Hong - 27.00
Shamus - 29.02
Helene - 30.20 

If you haven't given your timing to Kai Xuan for the run, please insert into your reflections too. Thanks! :D

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

Post Details

17 Response to Reflection on training (25/2/11)

9:42 PM, February 25, 2011

1) Reflect on your performance
Stuffy weather, stuffy stomache = bad training

2) Reflect on the training
Easy to cope with but depends on how i feel that day.

3) What you think the team should be aiming at
Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.

Run faster,longer and be more disciplined

note:
OI!
i slower than jing heng, zong wei and naveena but faster than the rest ( 27 mins )

10:12 PM, February 25, 2011

1) Wet and cold weather, after massive lunch and mega stitch contributes to the ultimate poor performance.

2) Our needs a bit of shouting or motivation to keep us disciplined and work more as a team, otherwise i am fine with it.

3) Our teaming should be aiming for long distances and high stamina workouts.

10:15 PM, February 25, 2011

1) Reflect on your performance
I think that my performance today was not up to my personal expectations as I ran 4.8km in 29minutes 22seconds. Statistically, I would have ran 4.6km in about 28minutes. During the competition, I hope to run 4.6km in under 25minutes without stopping. To accomplish this goal, I will have to improve my mental mindset as cross country is all about our mental strength.

2) Reflect on the training
I believe that Mr Lam’s and Ms Lim’s training sessions are fun and are just the right intensity of training. I expect that the intensity of the training will get higher as the months go by to compensate for our increasing mental strength.

3) What you think the team should be aiming at
I think that the team should be aiming at supporting each other through thick and thin and not be so negative towards training sessions. We should also encourage each other to run faster or to get people who do not come to sessions punctually to be more punctual.

Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.
My goals to achieve in cross country is to never stop running no matter how long the distance is. I believe that this is the first thing that I should strive to achieve and from then on, I should slowly bump up my speed so that I can get my second goal, which is to run 4.6km in under 25mins.

Lucas Chia

10:26 PM, February 25, 2011

@Drone_59
ya you really drone a lot. :D

2:30 PM, February 26, 2011

1) Reflect on your performance
I think I did push myself but I could have pushed myself more.

2) Reflect on the training
The training is not too tough and not easy as well and helps to train our endurance.

3) What you think the team should be aiming at
We should be more disciplined and work harder on improving our timing.

Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.
I want to be able to improve my endurance so that I can improve my 2.4 timing. I also want to train my mental as well as physical strength and become more fit and healthy.

2:35 PM, February 26, 2011

1) Reflect on your performance
I think I've been slowing down and keeping a constant slow time. Partly due to my track & field training. I've been undergoing a lot of strength and fast muscle contraction training so running long distance is like too tough for my legs. I want to improve on my striding and condition my body so that I will be ready for the max speed sprints which I haven't been doing for the past year. I haven't reached my top top speed.
2) Reflect on the training
Long distance training benefit me in someways like fast recovery and dissipation of lactic acids after some sprints. However my focus is on short distance now. I extended my short distance training so that I will be ready for the Nationals Track & Field Championships.
3) What you think the team should be aiming at
Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.
The team should have a better discipline. We really need a coach because some newcomers and people are not doing the stretching and workout seriously and correctly.
Who say sprinters don't run long distance? I think my breathing became more regulated after joining cross country. I really need to improve on my striding efficiency.

2:47 PM, February 26, 2011

1) How do you feel about the 2 workouts so far?
(Its 5 for me)
Intensive but fun at the same time. The workouts trained me both mentally and physically. It trained me to run longer and increase my stamina.

2)How do you feel about the team and your teammates?
Less discipline on Fridays or maybe because there are more members on Fridays

3:21 PM, February 26, 2011

1) Reflect on your performance
i think i have improved as i managed to not walk for almost the entire way. i want to improve some more the next time by not walking at all.
2) Reflect on the training
i think the training is ok, as it helps me to improve myself and pushes me enough.
3) What you think the team should be aiming at
we should always try to aim for personal best, and have fun running rather than just running for the sake of running.
Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.
i want to be able to become faster and have more endurance, so that i can run longer with my friends who are almost all faster than me.

3:33 PM, February 26, 2011

1)
Sometimes the weather will affect my performance. The weather on Friday was stuffy and caused my performance to worsen.

2)
The training sessions are manageable but sometimes I get distracted.

3)
I aim to achieve better timings during long distance runs and have better teamwork during competitions.

3:35 PM, February 26, 2011

1. I think i have de-improved these days as i cannot run that much or i will feel like fainting halfway during running.

2. The training is not really helping me much, and i think we have missed out the few warm-ups such as high knee lift, vertical jump etc. i prefer circuit training and sprinting as compared to long distance.

3. The team should be aiming for the best out of the best, meaning more training in quality, and not quantity. I would like to achieve more endurance and speed, and a personal best.

8:06 PM, February 26, 2011

1) I felt that I did pretty well for the run on Friday as I did my personal best and beat my fastest timing for the 4 km run. I finished the run at 22.04 minutes which was much better than the fastest timing I had previously-22.25 minutes in the Wings Cross Country Championship. I am glad that I did not stop halfway and continued to push myself on till the finish line.

2) The trainings are manageable and it helps to maintain my physical and mental endurance. I feel that as compared to the trainings last year, I have improved a lot in terms of my physical and mental health. I did not think that I was able to run for such a distance in the past. Now, I am confident that I can do it. The trainings have made me treat the trainings more seriously and to keep focus.

3) I think the team should aim to better their timings each session as I feel that everyone in the team can run. Every training session, my motivation in running is not only to better my timing but also, when I see my team mates running and trying their best, it gives me the motivation and determination to persevere and continue running. Therefore my goal for cross country is to be able to help all my team mates to improve in their runs. For my personal goal, I want to be able to improve in my running and be able to run longer distances to train and improve my mental and physical health.

9:13 PM, February 26, 2011

1) I feel that I can do better than the run on Friday if I pushed myself harder.

2) I feel that trainings pushes me to do better but at the same time, there is always room for improvement. I need to be mentally stronger so that I can train with ease. I will push myself to the limit next time.

3) I feel that the team should be aiming to do their best and never to give up. My goal is to make SST's cross country team proud.

11:20 PM, February 26, 2011

1) Reflect on your performance
I think my performance today was okay as I had achieve my goal, but I feel that I can do more to improve my timing.

2) Reflect on the training
The training was tiring, and the sun was exceptionally hot this afternoon, but the run was alright and i think that we could do a longer distance to improve endurance.

3) What you think the team should be aiming at
I think that the team(sec 2s) should aim at doing a 6km run very easily without stopping and i feel there is a need for more discipline in the team.

Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.
I would want to increase the speed of my pacing as i feel that i have already known the pace i can run at without stopping for the 4.6 km run, so what i need now is speed.

12:32 AM, February 27, 2011

I didn't came for Friday's training so I will use monday's statistics for the reflection.

1) Reflect on your performance
I think my performance have deteriorated a lot since I haven been training during the end-of-year holidays last year and my body haven conditioned to the training. My best timing was 2 weeks ago, 20min 50secs for 4.0km. My goal for 4.2 is under 19 min but I think it would require more training ^^

2) Reflect on the training
I think the training is ok, but the distance and intensity of the training can be increased so that we are more prepared for the Nationals. We should also spend more time on the stretches and cool downs. I think I lack the physical strength and not mental, I had to stop sometimes because my breath cannot keep up with my pacing, not because I lack the mental strength. I expect the intensity of the training to be increased.

3) What you think the team should be aiming at
Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.
I think our team should be aiming at timings less than 19 min and also be more disciplined so that we will train harder and perform better. Our team should also have more interest in the training sessions, having the correct mental attitude, wanting to perform well for the school and not treat it like torture. I hope we will train harder and hopefully attain some national rankings (at least).

My goals is to train harder and condition my body asap to perform better. I should also get more rest ^^ My goals (Not so near I suppose) is to attain national standards (at least..)

I want to achieve better mental and physical strength in X-Country and have the ability to run longer distances.

-Christopher Nah

10:21 AM, February 27, 2011

1) Reflect on your performance
I do not think that I was pushing myself hard enough, as my timing on Friday was about the same as the last.

2) Reflect on the training
The training is good in the sense that the distance is just right for us to train, and drives us to improve our timings.

3) What you think the team should be aiming at
Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.
I think the team should be aiming at giving our best effort for every run, so that we can improve our personal best. Also, to continuously encourage our teammates to run their best and strive to improve.
For me, I would like to improve my timing even more, as I do not think I am really pushing myself much. Also, just to keep fit and to improve my 2.4 km NAPFA run.

9:08 PM, February 28, 2011

1) reflect on your performance
The run on friday was horrible. I drank too much water before the run and during the run I felt like throwing up.
2) reflect on the training
The training is not too tough but I hope that the training will be less intense on Monday
3) What you think the team should be aiming at
The team should be aiming to work in harmony, without any slackers
Extra Question: What are your goals? As in what do you want to achieve in X-Country.
I just want to strengthen my lower body and have more stamina as well as more speed.

9:21 PM, February 28, 2011

1) How do you feel about the two workouts so far?

I feel that the one session I went for was challenging to the mind and body, but it is a good workout plan and puts my stamina to the limit.

2) How do you feel about the team and your teammates?

Encouraging, sometimes funny and willing to help.

Post a Comment